Breast Reduction (Reduction Mammaplasty)
Reduction mammaplasty will reduce the size of the large breasts in attempt to reduce or eliminate symptoms such as neck, shoulder, and back pain.
Reduction mammaplasty can be performed at any age, but plastic surgeons usually recommend waiting until breast development has stopped. Pregnancy and breast feeding may affect the size and shape of your breasts, so you may wish to postpone surgery until after having children. The milk ducts and nipples may be affected during this procedure, so breast reduction should be postponed if you want to nurse your children.
Any of the following feelings or conditions may indicate that you are a good candidate for breast reduction:
- you are bothered by the feeling that your breasts are too pendulous and heavy
- you suffer from neck, shoulder, or back pain
- your bra strap “digs” into your shoulder
- nipples and areolas point downward, especially if they are positioned below the breast crease
- you feel self-conscious wearing a swim suit or form-fitting top
Dr. Mazaheri also performs Gynecomastia Surgery. If either interest you please visit our Scottsdale breast implant and cosmetic surgery clinic.
Scottsdale Place ♦ 5725 N Scottsdale Road, Suite 150, Scottsdale, AZ 85250 ♦ P: (480) 951-4343 ♦ F: (480) 970-3100 ♦ email@example.com