Best Breast Augmentation Scottsdale Surgery
How to Find the Best Breast Augmentation Surgery in Scottsdale
In the US, breast augmentation surgery is by far the most popular form of cosmetic surgical procedure undertaken. In 2017, 300,378 individuals underwent breast augmentation surgery; a 3% increase on 2016’s statistics.
With this type of cosmetic surgery remaining so popular, for those trying to find the best breast augmentation Scottsdale surgery, we’ve broken down each stage of the process so that you can see what’s involved.
When women decide to undergo breast augmentation surgery, it can be for a variety of reasons. This includes enhancing their self-image, evening up breast sizes, and restoring the size and shape of their breasts after experiencing body changes through pregnancy or weight loss. Patients may even decide to undergo breast augmentation alongside other surgeries such as a breast lift or choose a full mommy makeover package.
Your consultation is one of the most important parts of the process as it’s your time to meet with your surgeon and talk about your requirements with them.
The best plastic surgeons will:
- be Board Certified Plastic Surgeons
- be members of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- have extensive experience in breast augmentation surgery
- customize services throughout
- listen to your needs including your body goals and reasons for wanting the surgery
- work in collaboration with you to find the best solution for your needs
- only recommending breast augmentation if you’re a good candidate
- carefully take you through your implant choices including the type of implant, its profile (how far it will project from your body), its shape (e.g. round or tear drop), and the surgical technique.
- determine a variety of factors when deciding on the best implant, including desired outcomes, the quality of your existing breast tissue, and the right implant size for your body (measured in cc’s) and breast measurements
- explain what will happen during the surgery and the next steps
- alleviate your anxieties and concerns, answering any questions you have
Types of implant include both saline breast implants (filled with salt water solution) or the more commonly chosen silicone implants which have a natural feel, similar to breast tissue. Silicone implants won’t deflate if rupture occurs, and you can also choose a firmer ‘gummy bear’ option which maintain their shape even if they’re broken.
While implants can be inserted over the muscle, research has identified that it’s more beneficial to place the implant under the muscle. The best plastic surgeons will offer a variety of insertion techniques and work closely with you to find the right option according to your individual needs.
- Sub-glandular: The implant is inserted directly behind the breast muscle and in front of the chest wall.
- Semi/partial sub-muscular: The implant is still inserted behind the breast, but it’s partially embedded into the wall of the chest muscle. To allow insertion of part of the implant under the muscle, a cut is made through the pectoral muscle.
- Complete or full sub-muscular: Complete sub-muscular placement involves inserting the implant fully behind the chest wall muscle, producing a more natural feel and appearance.
Recovery & Results
After surgery, your breasts will be wrapped in dressings and a support garment to minimize swelling and support your breasts as they start to heal.
The best plastic surgeons will:
- explain where your stitches are and provide aftercare instructions (including how long you’ll need to wear your support garment for)
- describe any self-care you’ll need to carry out
- provide advice about physical activities and rest
- prescribe your post-operative medications
- give you details of your follow-up appointment
The final results will be more apparent a few weeks later once skin stretches and swelling subsides.
Having a positive, rewarding experience is about knowing all the facts, your choices, and finding a surgeon who’ll take the time to listen to your needs.
Speak to the Best Breast Augmentation Phoenix AZ Surgeon
Dr. Mazaheri cosmetic surgeon has over 20 years of experience, offering a range of services which he’ll customize to your needs.
For a consultation with the best breast augmentation Scottsdale AZ surgeon, book your appointment now through drmazaheri.com.