Phoenix Breast Lift Guides
What to Expect after Breast Lift Surgery in Phoenix
Recent statistics have shown that breast lift surgery in on the rise, with thousands of patients across the US undergoing the surgery every year. Known as mastopexy surgery, the procedure lifts the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding breast tissue to support and reshape the new contours. This is a great option if breasts have elongated, sagged or your nipples are pointing downwards.
For those choosing Phoenix breast lift surgery, it’s important to understand what will happen after the procedure. Surgery can be daunting, so knowing what to expect during the recovery period and what the results will be like is an important step to alleviate your concerns.
Recovery after Surgery
Your surgeon will let you know what to expect immediately after surgery, but here are some factors to expect.
- Incisions will be protected via dressings or bandages, and these should not be subjected to excessive force or motion during the healing stages of your recovery.
- A garment will be provided to support the breast lift and minimize any swelling from the surgery.
- A small, thin tube may be placed under the skin to act as a drain for any excess fluid or blood collected in the area.
- You’ll be given medication for any pain and for aiding healing.
- Your surgeon and his team will give you advice about how to look after your breasts, care for surgical sites, and when you can resume normal physical activity.
- You’ll need to book a follow-up appointment with your plastic surgeon.
While results will be immediately visible, once post-surgery swelling has subsided and incision lines have faded, the effects of the surgery will be more apparent. Your satisfaction should continue over the course of the next few months as the position and shape of the breasts continue to settle.
Take a look at Dr. Mazaheri’s before and after breast lift photos to see how mastopexy surgery can provide a more youthful and uplifted profile, rejuvenating your figure in the process.
Long-term Breast Lift Results
One of the biggest worries patients often have is ending up with a large ‘anchor’ shaped scar on their breasts. However, your surgeon will assess your needs during your consultation, and there are four different lifts that can be performed based on the degree of sagginess (ptosis). The anchor lift is only necessary for those with the highest grade of ptosis. Incision lines will continue to fade over time after surgery.
While results are permanent, natural changes in your body will still occur with age, gravity, and weight changes. To ensure you retain your new look as much as possible, maintaining your weight and sticking to a healthy lifestyle is important. Only opt for breast lift surgery after childbearing has been completed as your breasts go through many changes in pregnancy and when breastfeeding which could minimize or reverse the surgery undergone.
Speak to your surgeon about any other concerns you still have about recovery and results after mastopexy.
Dr. Mazaheri is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, offering Phoenix breast lift surgery from his practice in Scottsdale. Book a consultation now through drmazaheri.com.