Scottsdale Plastic Surgeons
Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon about Their Scottsdale Services
When you meet your plastic surgeon for the first time, it can be daunting knowing what to ask and whether they’re the right surgeon to perform the treatment you’d like to undergo. You may even just want to discuss some of your concerns and feelings about parts of your body that you have issues with and see if they can find a solution.
If you’re booking a consultation with any Scottsdale plastic surgeons, here are some questions you may like to ask.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeons
If a surgeon is claiming to be ‘Board Certified’ it means they’ve completed all the training, experience and qualifications to provide plastic surgery from an accredited surgical facility. However, ensure you ask them which board they’ve been certified by which should be an organization recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). This includes the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, and you can check if your surgeon is a member here.
Check if the treatments they offer align with your body goals. This may include breast, body, and face procedures. Your consultation is also a great opportunity to find out more about the procedure you’ll be undergoing, how long the recovery is, and the results you can expect from the treatment.
Questions you can ask include:
- What procedures do you offer?
- Can you recommend the best solution for my needs?
- Am I a good candidate for the surgery?
- Will the surgery achieve my body goals?
- What will happen between now and the surgery?
- What happens during the surgery and what are the risks I should be aware of?
- What will be in place to help with my recovery and is there anything I can do to maximize results?
- What do you offer in terms of aftercare services?
- When will I need a follow up appointment?
- How long is the recovery and what help will I need to get back to normal activities?
- When will results be visible and will they get better over time?
- What changes to my body will affect the long-term results of the surgery? (e.g., weight loss, breastfeeding, pregnancy)
- Will I need further surgeries in the future? (e.g., in the case of breast implants)
Questions you may like to ask to check their experience include:
- How many years of experience have you got and what do you specialize in?
- What experience do you have carrying out procedures like the one I’d like to undergo?
- Can I see before and after photos as examples of your work?
- Do you have any client testimonials?
Many of the questions you want to ask may be answered through looking at the surgeon’s website, giving you more opportunity in your consultation to talk about your individual needs and find out more about what to expect.
Looking for Scottsdale plastic surgeons?
As a Board Certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Mazaheri has over 20 years of experience and specializes in breast and body sculpting. Book an appointment to discuss your needs and body goals.
Book your consultation now through drmazaheri.com.