Many people are unhappy with their appearance with almost 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures carried out in the US last year, not to mention the 15.7 minimally invasive procedures such as chemical peels and laser hair removal.
When looking for the best plastic surgeons in Phoenix, it can be a challenge to know which ones will provide both an outstanding experience and results, especially when many are claiming to offer the same services.
Luckily, we’ve put together this simple guide to understand how to recognize when a surgeon has the training and experience to offer exceptional treatments.
Understanding Training & Experience
One of the most essential things to do when looking for a plastic surgeon is to check they’re Board Certified and a member of a reputable organization such as The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Don’t get confused by other official-sounding names as they must be recognized by the ABMS – the American Board of Medical Specialties. Please note that there are no certifying boards currently recognized which have ‘cosmetic surgery’ in their name.
What does it mean to be a member of the ASPS?
- The surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
- Surgeons have completed medical school, a minimum of both 6 years of surgical training, and 3 years of residency training in plastic surgery.
- They must have passed all written and oral exams required, as well as graduating from an accredited medical school.
- Surgeons must participate in their ongoing education, including patient safety every year.
- Members must adhere to a strict code of ethics.
- All surgery must be performed in an accredited facility which is Medicare-certified or state-licensed.
If you would like to check if a surgeon is a member of the ASPS, use this handy find a plastic surgeon tool.
Dr. Mazaheri’s Surgeon Profile:
Dr. Mazaheri has been Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is a member of the ASPS. He opened his practice in 2003 after more than 16 years of advanced training and education. His areas of specialty include breast and body contouring procedures, performing countless breast augmentations and lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, facial procedures, gynecomastia surgery, and he even offers mommy makeover packages.
His strong focus on achieving patient needs has secured his place as Scottsdale’s premier Board Certified plastic surgeon, putting integrity, trust, and honesty at the heart of his practice. He takes the time to listen to each patient’s needs and concerns, helping them to craft the ideal plan to reach their body goals while only recommending suitable treatments for their circumstances. Regularly giving back to the community through his work in local Trauma units and children’s hospitals, those looking for the best plastic surgeons in Phoenix, AZ can feel rest assured they’re in safe hands.