Why Is It Important to Ensure Your Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Is Board Certified?
In 2017, just under 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures in the US were performed as well as over 15 million minimally invasive procedures. The decision to undergo any surgery is a serious one, and it must be for the right reasons. Perhaps you’re embarrassed about parts of your body, leaving you with low self-esteem, or maybe you’ve tried other methods to improve your body shape such as a healthy diet and exercise, but certain areas haven’t responded to this. Whatever your body goals, it’s important to find a reputable Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ.
Why Is This Important?
Finding a surgeon who is both qualified and skilled to perform your cosmetic or reconstructive surgery is essential for getting the best results and lowering the chances of complications during and after the procedure.
Those who don’t use a board certified plastic surgeon risk:
- Being dissatisfied with the final results
- Compromising their health
- Inadequate healing
- Experiencing complications associated with the surgery
- Paying more money overall
- Their lives (especially if considering plastic surgery tourism)
Surgery shouldn’t be taken lightly. The best surgeons will ensure any procedures are well-planned with the patient, take place in good medical facilities, and implement follow-up care. However, not every surgeon will be qualified or experienced to perform your surgery, so it’s vital you take steps to research qualified doctors in your area.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Formed in 1931, the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) is the biggest organization across the globe that specializes in plastic surgery. Being a member indicates that a surgeon is an elite member of a plastic surgery community who expect the highest standards of training, practice, and ethics. If you can find a surgeon who’s a member of the ASPS, it’s a sign of their experience, training, and that they’re qualified to perform reconstructive or cosmetic surgery. Look for the ASPS logo when choosing the right plastic surgeon for your needs.
The ASPS ensure their members:
- Are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Graduated from medical school (an accredited one)
- Have more than 6 years of surgical training
- Have completed at least 3 years of training and residency in plastic surgery
- Provide services in a surgical facility which is accredited, Medicare-certified or state-licensed
- Follow a strict code of ethics
- Continue their education each year, including in patient safety
While they can’t guarantee the results at the end of your procedure, choosing a surgeon who has been board certified and is a member of the ASPS, gives you the peace of mind you’re in a qualified pair of hands. Check if your surgeon is a member, here.
Get in Touch with One of the Best Plastic Surgeons in Scottsdale
Are you looking for a board certified plastic surgeon in Scottsdale, AZ?
To discuss your requirements, book in your personal consultation now through with Dr. Mazaheri.