Last year alone, almost 1.8 million cosmetic surgical procedures were carried out in the US, proving just how many are choosing to undergo surgery to achieve their body goals. One set of people doing just this are moms who’ve experienced multiple changes since pregnancy and childbirth. Despite attempts to restore a pre-pregnancy figure through a healthy lifestyle, some changes can be almost impossible to shift. In these cases, mommy makeover surgery is a great option. While some opt for a singular procedure, those who want to benefit from multiple surgeries at once can choose a mommy makeover package to suit them.
Customized Mommy Makeovers
One of the best things about mommy makeovers is that you don’t have to choose all the surgeries involved in the full makeover package. Options include a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty), liposuction, breast lift (mastopexy), and breast augmentation. The surgeries you select will be based on the changes your body has undergone and the number of procedures you’re willing to have.
Physical changes you may have experienced include:
- Loose skin and stretch marks around the abdominal area
- Localized areas of fat (which diet and exercise aren’t improving)
- Loss of breast volume or shape
- Sagging breasts
- Stretched or enlarged nipple areolar complex
- Loss of breast symmetry
Are You a Good Candidate for Surgery?
While you may be experiencing all or just some of the physical changes we’ve discussed, not everyone is a suitable candidate for a mommy makeover. The decision should be based on what you want for your body and a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be able to assess your needs, working closely with you to find the right solutions for your body goals.
You may be a good candidate for mommy makeover surgery if:
- Your body has undergone changes due to life events such as aging, childbirth, pregnancy, and breastfeeding
- You have the support at home to help you look after your children while recovering from the surgery (it takes around 7 to 10 days to resume 90% of normal activities)
- You’ve recovered from childbirth and have no plans for more children
- You’re in good health and aren’t suffering from any condition which will hinder your recovery
- You’re at a healthy body weight and aren’t planning to lose a lot of weight
- You have realistic expectations about the surgery and understand what it involves
- You have low self-confidence or a negative self-image of your body since childbearing
- You want to get back to looking your best and do something for yourself
Mommy makeovers can restore a woman’s confidence, reaching her goals for her body while giving her back the positive self-image she deserves.
Book a Mommy Makeover Consultation
Dr. Mazaheri is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and has over 20 years of experience. He offers mommy makeover services from his practice in Scottsdale, AZ. By taking the time to listen to your needs, he’ll use his in-depth knowledge to help you craft the perfect plan to reach your personal goals.