When you meet your plastic surgeon for the first time, it can be daunting knowing what to ask and whether they’re the right surgeon to perform the treatment you’d like to undergo. You may even just want to discuss some of your concerns and feelings about parts of your body that you have issues with and see if they can find a solution.
If you’re booking a consultation with any plastic surgeons in Scottsdale, here are some questions you may like to ask.
Ask If They Are A Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
If a surgeon is claiming to be ‘Board Certified’ it means they’ve completed all the training, experience, and qualifications to provide plastic surgery from an accredited surgical facility. However, ensure you ask them which board they’ve been certified by which should be an organization recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS). This includes the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, and you can check if your surgeon is a member here.
Ask About Their Services
Check if the treatments they offer align with your body goals. This may include breast, body, and face procedures. Your consultation is also a great opportunity to find out more about the procedure you’ll be undergoing, how long the recovery is, and the results you can expect from the treatment.
Questions you can ask about their services:
- What procedures do you offer?
- Can you recommend the best solution for my needs?
- Am I a good candidate for the surgery?
- Will the surgery achieve my body goals?
- What will happen between now and the surgery?
- What happens during the surgery and what are the risks I should be aware of?
- What will be in place to help with my recovery and is there anything I can do to maximize results?
- What do you offer in terms of aftercare services?
- When will I need a follow-up appointment?
- How long is the recovery and what help will I need to get back to normal activities?
- When will results be visible and will they get better over time?
- What changes to my body will affect the long-term results of the surgery? (e.g., weight loss, breastfeeding, pregnancy)
- Will I need further surgeries in the future? (e.g., in the case of breast implants)
Ask About Their Experience
Questions you may like to ask to check their experience:
- How many years of experience have you got and what do you specialize in?
- What experience do you have carrying out procedures like the one I’d like to undergo?
- Can I see before and after photos as examples of your work?
- Do you have any client testimonials?
Many of the questions you want to ask may be answered through looking at the surgeon’s website, giving you more opportunity in your consultation to talk about your individual needs and find out more about what to expect.
Looking for a Scottsdale plastic surgeon?
As a Board Certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Mazaheri has over 20 years of experience and specializes in breast and body sculpting. Book an appointment to discuss your needs and body goals.