When you think of liposuction, it’s natural to imagine areas targeted are usually the abdomen, waist, hips, thighs, and buttocks with men even opting for the procedure for some forms of gynecomastia. However, liposuction for the face, neck, and chin are also an option for those who have localized fat they just can’t shift in these areas.
Here’s Our Guide to Neck and Chin Liposuction Surgery:
What Is Chin Liposuction?
Wherever it’s performed on the body, liposuction is the process of removing excess fatty deposits from specific areas. It doesn’t involve the tightening of saggy skin, but if there’s good elasticity, the skin should recoil easily after surgery. Chin and neck liposuction help to create a smooth neckline, offering solutions to those experiencing issues such as a ‘double chin’, despite being at a healthy weight.
The procedure involves making one or two small incisions, concealed either behind the ear or beneath the chin area. A thin and hollow liposuction cannula is then inserted through the incisions, moving it back a forth to create tunnels in the excess fat. The loosened fat is then removed with a suction device attached to the cannula. This sculpts a natural contour around the neck and chin. Patients will usually need to wear a support garment to aid healing after the surgery.
Who’s a Good Candidate for Chin & Neck Liposuction?
You may be a good candidate for liposuction surgery if:
- You have localized areas of excess fat which won’t respond to diet or exercise
- You’re feeling dissatisfied with your chin and neck areas, including issues such as fullness or a double chin
- You have a negative self-image of your body
- You’d like to refine the jawline and bring more balance to your facial features
- You have good skin tone
- You’re within your ideal weight range and aren’t planning any major weight loss
- You’re generally fit and healthy (as well as a nonsmoker) and don’t have any conditions preventing you from undergoing the surgery
- You are making the decision for yourself
- You have a positive outlook with clear body goals you’d like to achieve
However, liposuction may not be the correct course of action if you already have loose skin in the area you want to target. This is something your surgeon will assess during your consultation.
Find a Surgeon in Phoenix
Scottsdale’s premier Board Certified Plastic Surgeon welcomes patients to his practice in Phoenix and has over 20 years of experience. As a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Dr. Mehdi Mazaheri specializes in body sculpting surgical procedures, working with his patients to find the best solutions for their needs.
If you’d like to discuss chin liposuction services with a reputable surgeon in Phoenix, book your consultation now with Dr. Mazaheri.