What Is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck—formally called an abdominoplasty—is a type of plastic surgery designed to remove excess skin and tighten the abdomen. It also often involves the tightening of loose abdominal tissue and muscle for a more toned appearance. This procedure focuses on reshaping and contouring the lower abdomen. A tummy tuck is often paired with liposuction, which is a separate procedure that removes fatty deposits underneath the skin.
Who Should Consider a Tummy Tuck?
This cosmetic procedure is ideal for patients who have undergone significant weight loss and want to remove surplus skin. It’s also effective for moms who want to remove excess skin and stretch marks from pregnancy after giving birth.
Talk to Dr. Mazaheri during your initial consultation to determine whether you’re a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery.
What Type of Tummy Tuck Does Dr. Mazaheri Offer?
While some plastic surgeons offer three different types of tummy tucks—full, mini, and extended—Dr. Mazaheri specializes in all tummy tuck procedures.
What Does Tummy Tuck Surgery Entail?
Now that you know what tummy tuck surgery is, you’re probably wondering what to expect from the procedure. An abdominoplasty is performed under general anesthesia and lasts anywhere from one to five hours in total. Because it’s an outpatient procedure, you can go home on the same day of surgery. Just be sure to coordinate a ride home because you will still be recovering from the effects of the anesthesia.
Tummy tuck surgery is a simple five-step process:
- The surgeon makes an incision below the belly button
- The surgeon removes small excess fat deposits in the abdomen
- The surgeon removes excess skin and readjusts the belly button
- The surgeon closes the incision using sutures (stitches) or surgical glue and covers the incision with bandages
- The surgeon will provide post-operative care and care instructions that the patient should follow closely
What’s the Average Cost of An Abdominoplasty in the U.S.?
We understand that tummy tuck surgery is an investment. Since it’s classified as an elective cosmetic procedure—meaning it isn’t medically necessary—most insurance providers don’t offer coverage. This is something to keep in mind during your initial consultation. Be sure to discuss any cost concerns with Dr. Mazaheri and with your insurance provider.
The average cost of a full tummy tuck in the U.S. falls in the $5,000 to $20,000 range. While the procedure itself only costs around $8,000 to $10,000, additional costs associated with the procedure make up the remaining amount. However, the final cost varies between patients depending on several factors.
How Much Does a Tummy Tuck Cost in Arizona?
Are you wondering how much a tummy tuck would cost you in Arizona? When compared to other states, the cost of tummy tuck surgery in Arizona is on the lower end of the spectrum. The cost typically ranges between $12,000 and $17,000.
8 Factors That Affect the Cost of a Tummy Tuck
As we said before, the cost of tummy tuck surgery in Arizona and elsewhere depends on various factors.
- Tummy tuck type: A mini tummy tuck is the most affordable option, a full tummy tuck lies in the middle of the cost spectrum, and an extended tummy tuck is the most expensive option.
- Facility costs: The anesthesia, pain medication, operating room, and recovery room costs vary depending on what state—and even what city—your surgery takes place in.
- Medical tests: Your surgeon may perform a number of preliminary tests, like bloodwork, before surgery.
- Surgeon’s fee: The fee your surgeon charges is based on the quality and length of their medical training, what credentials they have, and what their patient demand is. Our one recommendation here is not to try cutting costs when choosing a surgeon to perform your tummy tuck. Seek the best possible care to ensure safety and lasting results.
- Medications: The cost of an anesthesiologist, the anesthesia itself, and any pain medication administered all add to the cost of tummy tuck surgery.
- Products used: Factors that impact the cost of surgery include surgical tools, an in-surgery pain pump, suture materials, and surgical dressing used.
- Aftercare: Your surgeon will provide you with compression garments, pain medication, and follow-up consultations to aid in the healing process.
- Time off: Consider the potential financial cost of taking time off of work for the procedure and recovery.
Is a Tummy Tuck Worth It?
Like any surgery, a tummy tuck comes with some benefits as well as some downsides. We want you to be aware of both so you can make the best decision for your body.
- Successfully removes excess skin
- Tightens and tones the abdomen
- Quick Results
- High patient satisfaction
- Long-term cosmetic solution
- You’ll have to take time off of work for the surgery itself and additional time to ensure proper healing
- You must avoid strenuous activity for two to six weeks after surgery
- Expect some swelling, bruising, and soreness for up to a few months after surgery
- Tummy tuck surgery leaves a permanent scar on the lower abdomen
Scottsdale’s Premier Plastic Surgeon
Whatever your reason for seeking tummy tuck surgery, we’re glad you chose Dr. Mazaheri to perform the procedure. As Scottsdale’s #1 board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Mazaheri offers the quality care and experience needed to achieve your desired results.
Start by scheduling a personal consultation. This is the time to ask Dr. Mazaheri any questions and address any concerns you have about the procedure. He will also take the time to provide pertinent information, like how much tummy tuck surgery costs in Arizona. All you have to do is schedule online, and our team will take care of the rest.
Comments are closed.